01 Mar Zpryme Announces Nominees for 2017 Thought Leader and Inaugural Energy Person of the Year Awards
Zpryme has released the nominees for the 2017 ETS Thought Leader of the Year Award as well as the nominees for inaugural Energy Person of the Year Award. Voting for the awards is completed via survey forwarded to ETS alumni and participants, and the results will be announced in the second and third week of March respectively.
The nominees were identified by the ETS Committee along with feedback and recommendations from Zpryme staff.
Click here to submit your vote. Voting will close on March 7, 2017.
The “Thought Leader of the Year” award honors an individual among the ETS community of thought leaders with an inventive, brave vision to inspire the global energy ecosystem. Previous award winners include Dr. Massoud Amin (2015) and Doyle Beneby (2016). The nominees are:
- Anne Pramaggiore, President and CEO, ComEd
- Badar Khan, President and CEO, Direct Energy
- Chris Shelton, Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, AES
- Mary Anne Brelinsky, President, EDF Energy Services
- Raiford Smith, Vice President of Energy Technology and Analytics, Entergy
- Richard Kauffman, Chairman of Energy and Finance for New York, Chair of the NYSERDA board
- Steve Adler, Mayor, City of Austin
The Inaugural Energy Person of the Year is the person who, for better or worse, most affected the global energy sector over the past year. The nominees are:
- Bill Gates, Founder and Clean Energy, Philanthropist and Investor
- Elon Musk, Head of Tesla, SpaceX, Solar City, and founder of Paypal
- Ernest Moniz, former United States Secretary of Energy
- LaDonna Brave Bull Allard, Dakota Pipeline Activist Leader
- Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States
- Barack Obama, 44th President of the United States
- Rick Perry, Former Governor of Texas, Incoming Secretary of Energy
ETS17 // Design for Energy
What Zpryme gleaned from ETS16 is that an energy transformation is clearly emerging from the chaos—now is the time to shape it. Zpryme is calling on all the creative and curious minds of energy to convene for a three-day energy conversation on the state and future of unified design at ETS17.
Residing in Austin, Zpryme is a research, media, and events agency with a focus on energy. Based on the creative direction of our associates Zpryme, produces influential research, Energy Thought Summit (ETS), and premium branding experiences that challenge the status quo. Combined, ETS and Zpryme represent digital and physical solutions that share stories of real people and engage ideas and products influencing the grand energy transition. Learn more at zpryme.com.