15 Feb Austin Energy Presents: Electric Drive Showcase @ETS17
Come join us! Austin Energy has developed a showcase for electric transportation in the heart of downtown Austin called Electric Drive (checkout schedule below). Located in the Seaholm Eco District, (a portion of West 2nd Street, between Walter Seaholm Drive and Sandra Muraida Way) Electric Drive is a transportation innovation hub that features DC fast charging for charging in minutes as opposed to hours, as well as level 2 charging for customers to use while they enjoy other aspects of the Eco District. A solar- powered kiosk that includes charging for electric bikes, scooters, motorcycles, mopeds, and hand held devices can also be found on the street. Electric Drive is a key component of the Plug-In EVerywhere℠ network and demonstrates Austin as a Smart City leader in electric transportation. The Plug-In Everywhere program allows EV drivers to charge at over 500 charging ports throughout Austin including DC fast charging for only $4.17 a month. All public charging is powered by 100% renewable energy from Texas wind through Austin Energy’s Greenchoice® program.
Register for Electric Drive: here
The Electric Drive solar charging station is an innovative combination of solar technology, transportation infrastructure, and civic place making. It offers the public the opportunity to gather in the shade while recharging their mobile electronics or electric two-wheel transportation from the sun. The station features seating and tables made from reclaimed wood, two bike racks, a repurposed vintage gas pump that holds battery storage while showing solar production and CO2 reduction. The kiosk is also ADA accessible.
Electric Drive includes a mobility hub featuring bike sharing, car sharing, access to the hike-and-bike trail, and charging options for two wheel and four wheel electric vehicles. This street fits perfectly in Austin’s Smart City roadmap providing the community with faster, better, cheaper transportation options while cutting vehicle emissions:
ELECTRIC DRIVE // SCHEDULE @ETS17
4:00pm to 4:40pm // Special Remarks // @Seaholm
- Steve Adler, Mayor, City of Austin, Texas
- Ann Kitchen, District 5 Council Member, City of Austin
- Jackie Sargent, General Manager, Austin Energy
- Lucia Athens, Chief Sustainability Officer, City of Austin
- Karl Popham, Emerging Technology and EV Manager, Austin Energy [emcee]
4:40pm to 5:00pm // Ribbon Cutting // @Seaholm
5:00pm to 6:00pm // Demonstrations // @Seaholm
- Electric Drive is an electric transportation hub in Austin’s downtown Seaholm Eco District.
- Electric Drive has DC fast charging and Level 2 charging for all types of Electric Vehicles.
- Electric Drive is a key part of Austin Energy’s Plug-In EVerywhere℠ network and demonstrates Austin as a Smart City leader in sustainable mobility.
- The Plug-In Everywhere program allows EV drivers to charge at over 500 charging ports throughout Austin including the DC fast charger options for only $4.17 a month.
- All public EV charging is powered by 100% renewable energy from Texas wind through Austin Energy’s Greenchoice® program.
- The Electric Drive solar charging station is an innovative combination of solar technology, energy storage, and civic place making.
- Electric Drive includes a mobility hub featuring, bike sharing, car sharing, access to the hike-and-bike trail, and charging options for two wheel and four wheel electric vehicles.
6:00pm to 7:00pm // Networking Reception // @Seaholm